Healthy Eating Plans Help Me To Be Fit Over 40


Would you like to be fit over 40? Are you over the age of 40 possibly overweight, lacking the energy you used to have, and worried about diabetes, heart disease or other degenerative diseases? Perhaps your doctor has even warned you to "change your habits" because you are on the road to poor health. You may be thinking that these issues are just the signs of aging. Well, that is definitely not true.
Have you ever been on a diet? Or know someone who has? If you have been challenged trying to lose weight for years or even for a lifetime, then you know how challenging it can be to lose weight permanently.
The reason diets don't work is because they are designed to fail. No, really. Think about it for a minute. When you tell yourself you are on a diet what are the first thoughts that come to mind? That you will have to "give up" your favorite foods? That you will be hungry all the time, and that it will take a lot of will power to stick to it? Have you ever put off going on a diet until after some holiday or special event, because you knew you were going to over indulge and you didn't want to be faced with the decision of saying no?
Instead of continually dieting, to be fit over 40 the key to weight loss success is to follow healthy eating plans that promote weight loss, break your addiction to sugar, give your body the nutrition it needs and eliminate unhealthy food cravings. Does that sound too good to be true, or too difficult? Read how I did it.
I understand wanting to be fit over 40. I have fought my weight my entire life. I remember being a child in grade school, and dreading shopping for new clothes every school year, because I didn't fit into anything. In high school I got even larger. As an adult, I just kept growing. At my largest, I topped the scales at over 300 pounds. I can't tell you how much, exactly, because the scale stops at 300 pounds.
Of course, all through my life I had been on different diets. My first diet was Weight Watchers when I was in high school and it continued from there. I even lost weight on many of them. A few pounds, even a lot. The thing is, though, dieting was always something that provided only a temporary fix. The weight always came back, and it usually brought a few extra pounds along with it. I was back to square one. There has to be a better way, I thought. To be fit over 40 I would need a real solution to my weight problem.
Finally I decided I did not want to live with the negativity of dieting anymore. I decided to accept myself the way I was, buy the most attractive clothes I could find, and be happy with who I was. Then an amazing thing happened. All of a sudden, I started getting smaller. I added healthy eating, exercise and lifestyle habits to my new attitude and over the course of a year and a half I lost about 150 pounds. Even better, I have managed to keep it off for over 5 years. Now I am not only fit over 40, I am in the best health I have been my entire life.
And you can get a free 9 part mini course on 7 simple steps to break your addiction to sugar at http://www.healthwellnessconnection.com where expert author Mary Ann MacKay promotes optimal wellness through nutrition, diet, exercise and living a healthy lifestyle.
The first step to being fit over 40 is to adopt healthy eating plans. There are many articles and resources to help you do this athttp://healthwellnessconnection.com/2011/06/25/healthy-eating-plans-the-key-to-well-being/  read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment